Monday, May 3, 2010
OoO soo close!!
Were soo close to being able to hold our little guy in our arms! Today marks the start of our 38th week. At our appointment today I hopped on the scale and saw that I lost two pounds! I got excited because I keep on hearing that you typically lose a pound or two before going into labor. I went into the room and soon after the doctor came in. She did the typical measurement of my abdomen and said we have quite a big baby in there and then proceeded to check my cervix. Before she told me any news she looked up at me with a surprised look on her face and asked me if I was having any contractions. I said no and that Ive been feeling pretty good. She then told me that I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced! She was a little concerned with the baby's heartbeat today because it was a little low. She sent me to a non stress test to be monitored and said that if there was any concerns that I would be sent to the hospital to be induced tonight and if everything looked alright that we would schedule an induction for Monday when I'm 39 weeks. Unless there is a medical reason they aren't allowed to schedule inductions any sooner then 39 weeks. After being monitored the doctor reassured me that our baby was having good accelerations and that we just have a mellow baby with a lower then average heartbeat. We are now at home just waiting to see if we go into labor on our own this week and if not we wont have more then a week of waiting to do because we are scheduled for a 7:30 am induction on Monday May 10th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment