Monday, March 8, 2010

30 weeks down 10 to go!

HAIR!
Kind of a creepy pic of baby's face

Four Chamber Heart



Kidneys





This weekend my family came to Ames to spend the day together for my birthday. We just had a fun simple day, ate lunch at Old Chicago and then drove around and looked at houses around Ames! Trav and I have decided to start looking into buying a house! We had been thinking about renting for awhile but we kind of came to the decision together that it might be a smart investment to possibly buy a small starter home we could possibly make money on in a few years and take advantage of the 8,000 first home buyers deal. Were really interested in 2 or 3 that we've looked at, but will have to do some more researching and investigating here in the next few weeks.
A patient the other day was ALL about my belly, she kept touching it saying how cute it was and proceeded to ask how far along I was. Before I could answer she blurted out "oo probably about 4.5 months right?" I got a huge smile. She is one of the first to under-estimate how far along I was. I'm so used to people telling me how big my belly is that I got a good laugh!
Today I went to the school to get an ultrasound. A few girls in one of my classes are in the radiology program and kept telling me I should sign up to be an OB volunteer and get a free ultrasound through the school. The machine was a little older so the pictures weren't quite as clear, but it was still a ton of fun to see the baby and how it has grown! We didn't get very good pictures of the baby's face either. The baby was sitting at a funny angle and had it's hands around its face. The teacher also told me my belly looked small for 30 weeks and that what was there was definatly all baby! It's nice to know that im not overly huge at this point, although some days I feel that way! They said he or she weighs 3lbs 15 oz and is measuring at 31 weeks 4 days which according to them puts my due date at May 6, 2010. The heart beat was at 124. They also said he or she has pretty long feet and has hair which I was not expecting!! She said you cant really tell how much but they usually don't see much hair at 30weeks so it might come out with a head full of hair who knows! She also said it has some chubby cheeks! I still have a strong feeling its a boy. If I'm looking at baby things I go towards the blue, it feels funny to shop for pink things.
Trav and I are both ready for a vacation! Trav has been busy with work and school has been VERRRYy busy, as soon as i feel caught up, I'm already behind again! But it has been making time go by fast just a little stressful at times! So we're both looking forward for a much needed vacation. We leave for Alabama on Friday and are keeping our fingers crossed for warm weather! I hope everyone is ready to see this big belly in a swim suit 8-)

1 comment:

  1. have fun on your vacation! hopefully we can connect on the phone one of these days. you look beautiful! and you aren't huge. i promise. :)

    ReplyDelete