Whew sorry bloggers, I've been slacking on updates. Travis, Ava, and I have had an extremely busy past several weeks. For the past several weeks I've been back in school finishing the critical care section for school. Last week I got to walk across stage and graduate with my fellow classmates. Since I sat seven weeks out when I had Ava, I technically graduated, but I have to go back to school in January to finish up an internship before I can truly be done and go on to take boards. With that said, since I can't go back to school until January, Ava and I get to spend quality time together at home this fall. Since I've been in school and Travis has been traveling with work we have made a few bad habits in our hectic daily life. Our goal is to break some of these habits and get into a daily routine that we ideally want Ava to be. For example Ava used to take a hand full of 20 min cat naps during the day, my goal is to get her to take a long morning and afternoon nap instead of a lot of short naps.
Ava has changed dramatically in the last several weeks. She is now 3.5 months and weighs 14.5 lbs. She is smiling, cooing, playing, and beginning to roll over. She even giggled for her aunt Chelsea the other day, but I'm still waiting to hear it happen again! She is very eager to learn at this stage. You can see the wheels turning in her head as she stares at objects trying to figure out how to move her hands and fingers to do what she wants to do and what she sees others doing. She also loves mirrors. We have a mirror at the end of our hall way and she'll just stare at herself and smile and bonce her arms up and down while she coos. Ava is changing daily, growing more and more out of a baby stage and into an infant. I feel like in a blink of an eye we will turn around to her crawling and walking already. I'm not so sure I'm ready to baby proof every surface of our house yet, but also cant wait to see how she will change and grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment