Monday, February 22, 2010

Into the third trimester!

Were now at 28 weeks and entering the third trimester! I went to the doctor today, I had to get a glucose screening and unfortunately did not pass! I was not a happy camper. So now I have to go downtown to the hospital sometime this week or next to have a four hour glucose screening done to see if I have gestational diabetes. So hopefully this next test goes a little better! I'm still measuring two weeks ahead at 30 weeks. The doctor said shes not to worried at this point its just an estimation and its common to measure a smidge ahead. She mentioned when we get more towards the end of the pregnancy they might do an ultrasound to see how big they think they baby is but right now shes happy to see that its growing consistently. She said especially with first time moms they will let them try to deliver vaginally if the baby is under ten pounds because they don't know what will "fit" or "not fit" until they try. But if its over ten pounds its pretty much an automatic C-section. The heart beat this time was 127-130 beats per a min. So its a little lower then it has been in the past which reinforces all the dreams I've been having that its a boy! Not much longer and we'll know for sure but I'm 95% sure its a boy! Trav says I'm jinxing him though! =-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a boy to me! :) That bump keeps growing! Cute, cute, cute! See you soon! Can't wait to put your belly in an inner tube.

    ReplyDelete